Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 05:19:22PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Ken Moffat wrote:
>>
>> Really, the only thing that's different through the end of Chapter 6 is
>> adding new packages.  Skipping systemd and adding eudev is all that is
>> needed to do a straight traditional build (with a few packages from
>> BLFS).  D-Bus is not started by default in the System V setup, but the
>> binaries are built and installed.
>>
>   Yeah, but for the current LFS-svn bootscripts (see my post on -chat
> from a few hours ago) the name/location of udevd and udevadm have
> changed.

That's right.  You do need to either mv the files to the correct
name/location, create a symlink, or edit the udev/udev_retry scripts.

>>> My impression is that you _have_ addressed the
>>> keyboard and font setup,
>>
>> Not yet.  At least not to my satisfaction.
>>

>   Oh well, I'll wait to see what you come up with.  As I said, my own
> settings are quite different from the book so I don't pay too much
> attention to the existing sysvinit examples.  I did see at least one
> example in configuring systemd and I think it probably tells me
> enough to sort out my own builds.
>
>>     However there is a method to their madness and
>> LFSers should be able to pick it up relatively quickly.
>>
>   Don't get me started on what that "method" might be ;-)

That method is different files, different formats, and different
locations.  The principles are generally the same as they must be.
Generally though, they don't use executable scripts.