Well startrek did have the safety systems in their holodecks but even then.

If a reality was to merge with a gaming one, there would have to be differences betwene actual real life or actual reality.

Things like well a day of game life would be an hour or less of real life could be a minute, and if you got adicted hmmm all sorts of issues.

To be honest, even if vr would become a reality, its doubtfull that most of us would be able to afford it on a large scale.

I got close to it during one of my research studdies, I had a gaming 3d headset, and used an iphone to play a game, I closed my eyes, the place was darkened, and I was able to enter some sort of different reality even though I never actually moved from my location.

After it was all over, I asked exactly how much for someone like me to do it again for myself.

You would need a computer or iphone for that to work.

However the cost of the set alone bulky that it was would cost me 500 us +.

While I could afford it, thats still a lot of cash, Now I can probably afford 1-200 bucks at a stretch, but thats a lot so I only spend more than that if I need something.

Whenever I have had to really spend a huge amount, upgrading voices, tech, etc like I did this year with the help of my family, it basically means that my spend cash for anything huge is gone for at least 6 months or so.

Assuming nothing like drives fail or something important happens I can try again.

But there are always other things to get.

Due to the fact I have fibre, I will eventually need a new router for things to run right.

While the 500 dollar router is an isp one and is therefore free to me, the 100 or so bucks for the upgrade of the extender is something I need to get.

I am not sure if I will get it but I may get an external firewall box which may cost 200 bucks.

I spent 500 alone on upgrades I needed to get this year alone for the systems, and well, a set well who knows.

Its not on the top of my priorities.

Now I have sets similar to what I tested but not in that class but they work.

If I get through this year and don't need to cough up cash for something that fails or something in my offline life that needs fixing, then the next bit of cash I need to spend is to upgrade the almost dead server that handles some things that are mostly transfered to other places.

And there are other projects I want to get at.

I have to many sets to afford the space for more in any case.

Space is the issue for some stuff.

As for an actual vr set, I don't know if its worth it.

For the blind high quality headphones that fit over the ear are enough.

Even if all the things with vr actually worked, you would a need a way to bail out if an emergency happened etc.

And while I can get carried away now, I can't do it while people are out of the house in fact a lot of the time I don't use the headset because of this.

Cutting out all sences can be dangerous.

Look at pokemon go.

That was an orgmented reality game.

True, there was a craze, some people got really into the spirrit of it.

But while there were even themed stores and stuff in real life, the fact was that there were issues which would make the user think twice about getting carried away with something that could sporn objects anywhere using the real world for objects and the like.

There are gaming arieas in random places, war zones, houses, forbidden places, some rumors.

People have gone to arieas in game that were in the middle of roads, and have gotten run over.

People have gone into houses to play because there was an ariea in the phone, and got shot.

Its reported north corria has some between them and south and well there are military bases with gaming arieas in them.

People have lost jobs, and real lives over orgmented reality and thats only going to get worse.

There are warnings that people live in their phones even to the point that married couples can't leave their phones, kids and adults alike.

For a more recent game, think fortnight.

Children have got so addicted they will play for days on end, not eat, sleep, go to school, they will get stuck in the game.

My question to you then is, should we even start.

This is not real vr just yet, but there is a lot of evidence that even orgmented psudo reality if not used right is quite dangerous.

This excludes anyone that wants to do malicious things in it.

I mean a vr virus could exist, vr chrimes, etc.

We allready have the net.

The neet is like the real world almost.

We try to control it and barely can do so.

We do have laws for some stuff, but most of us only stay on the edge of the net world.

The dark web is in the middle of it, and its like mobville, a lot of bad stuff happens online a lot more than we can actually handle right now.

While we have rules inforcing laws accross borders is a challenge.

Unless you are like china or other countries that sensor everything and kill anyone that goes against anything they think is bad.

Even then, you can't really control the net, its just to big.

If we can't control the net well barely control it, we can't control vr.

There are to many security breaches netwide to call the net a safe place to live in.

Now we do, but thats another story.

We are not ready for vr, and the net is getting big fast.

They say ai will destroy us, I suspect that we aren't ready for that either.

The only reason most of us aren

't dead yet is probably because we don't know half of what is going on online we just do whatever is needed.

Once we control the world, and the net and our reality first then we can decide on what is next.

We are going to get into a situation where barely control will be no control, and well you loose control of everything and boom its all over.

We barely have control to what you would concidder full control, we know enough but not enough at the same time.

Right now it all looks cool, but no one has thought about later just yet.