I'd like to give you my experience with 
baking bread. I've been baking bread 
for 20+ years. 

Bread needs to develop flavor, using a starter 
and going through the long steps all add to 
the flavor of your bread. The yeast needs time 
to grow and that adds flavor and texture to 
your bread. 

Right now I'm in the process of making bread 
that takes 3 days. Now, I know that's a long time, 
I sometimes just skip the last day step if I don't 
have the time. 

Try mixing up a starter the night before you 
want to make your bread, your bread will have 
better flavor and texture using a starter. 

I always mix the starter the next morning with the 
other ingredients, then after it's kneaded, let 
it rest for at least 15 mins. knead again and 
rise the full way. If you like I can post the 
recipe for the crusty Italian bread using starter.

If you want to make bread the same day, I add salt 
and honey to add flavor.

Cathy




 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BREAD-RECIPE/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to