Sorry, I see in the ingredients 
I only have 1/2 cup starter and it's 
supposed to be 1 1/2 cups starter.

If anyone is interested in the starter 
recipe it's as follows

1 1/4 cups warm water
1 3/4 cups bread flour
1/2 tsp yeast

Mix to a smooth thick batter and let sit overnight.


  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Cathy 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:54 PM
  Subject: [BREAD-RECIPE] Three-day Homemade Bread


  Hi Donna,

  Yes, the three days is because 
  I refrigerate the dough over night 
  after putting it together and 
  letting it rise for the first time. 

  I always spray my loaves 3 times, when I 
  first put it them in, after a minute for 
  the second time, wait another minute and 
  do it again.   

  Here's the recipe...

  1/4 cup warm water
  1 tsp. yeast
  1 cup water
  1/2 cups starter
  1-2 tablespoons honey
  3 1/2 cups plus...good bread flour
  2 tsp. salt

  Mix 1/4 cup warm water, and 1 tsp. yeast and let 
  it set until it starts to foam...like 5-8 mins. 

  Mix 1 cup water with 1 1/2 cups starter then add 
  1-2 tablespoons honey, depends on your taste, I 
  love it so I add at least 2 tablespoons. 

  Once it's mixed up add about 3 1/2 bread flour 
  (I use King Arthur's Bread flour) and 2 tsp. salt. 

  The dough is sticky, don't add to much flour, at 
  this point I transfer it to my counter and knead 
  more flour in so it's not too wet, about 5 mins. 

  I then let it rest for about 15-20 mins. covered. 

  After is rests I knead it again until it's smooth, 
  maybe another 5 mins. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer 
  with dough hook, it stops me from adding to much 
  flour and it's easier! LOL 

  Shape it into a ball, place in an oiled bowl and 
  let rise about 45 mins. 

  If I'm going to refrigerate it, it now goes into 
  the fridge over night, if I'm going to bake it, 
  then it needs to rise until double. 

  The next morning remove it and let it warm up for 
  a couple of hours before turning out and forming. 

  Gently turn out onto a floured surface and shape 
  into long loaves or round loaves. 

  One thing I learned is NOT to over handle the dough 
  when shaping it. 

  Treat it gently, you don't want to take all the rise 
  out of it. 

  I place mine on a peel or parchment paper dusted with 
  white rice flour. I like the rice flour because the 
  dough just slides right off my peel no sticking! 

  Once it rises to double...I score the tops and place 
  it on my preheated baking stone in a 450 degree oven 
  until it's nice and golden brown. 

  Cool on wire rack. 




 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BREAD-RECIPE/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to