To do real-world tests of dinging, someone has to ding (the dinger) someone
else (the dingee).  The dinger's messages slow down somewhat, the dingee's
messages slow down more.  Then we see what happens to the discussion.  At
the moment, I'm really only look at the effects on the dingee, since one
dinger would have to ding a bunch of dingees before the effect would become
very noticeable.  And as long as this is manual management, it doesn't scale
well.

So, get somebody to ding you.  Once you're dung, we can test.   Offending
*me* or Julia won't do it, because I'm a tester, not a testee.  Offend
somebody else.

Oh, and just as it will be when automated, the identities of dingers and
dingees are not shown, but the alert reader can probably detect dingage by
looking at headers.

(I'm seeing images of small boats and hearing Archie Bunker say, "Dingbat.")

And may I add, "Go Giants."  I haven't been much of a baseball fan since
leaving Pittsburgh a couple of decades ago, but this World Series, with its
strangely afflicted pitchers, has been sort of fun.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
Phone/fax: (408) 904-7198