On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 08:12:48PM -0700, Deborah Harrell wrote:

> Why, if the 'vigilante's' sacrifice is to be "at least" as much as the
> 'offender', would a transparent ding get TWO demerits?  Wouldn't _one_
> be at least as much? >:o

Wouldn't 2 be at least as much 1? Why make it easy to ding someone, it
should be difficult.

> An anonymous dinger should certainly have a higher price to 'pay' also
> (though I'm not sure that _ten_ dings is fair either).

Anyone who is to insecure to give their identity when imposing their
will on another should pay a major price.

> Anyone who abuses a 'ding' system should censured strongly (banned
> from the list for a specified time?  Denied the option to ever use the
> 'ding' system again?).

Why add complication? Just set the price high enough in
the first place then you don't need to add addition complication
and punishments.

> who thinks it's too bad that 'community shunning' rather than an
> 'official demerit' hasn't worked

Hasn't worked for what?

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/