--- Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "J. van Baardwijk" wrote:
> > Gautam Mukunda wrote:
<snip>
> > >Well, I am the lowest of the low here...
> >
> > What, you mean that even the janitor gets paid the
> same amount as you?
> >
> > Well, so much for the added value of a college
> education...   <GRIN>
>
> It may be that the janitor is not an employee of
> McKinsey, but of a
> janitorial service hired either by McKinsey or
> whoever is in charge of
> that sort of thing in the building.
>
> So then he could be the lowest of the low and still
> be making more than
> the janitor that services the offices he uses.  :)

<LOL>
When I was a resident, we calculated our hourly rate
and found it was something between $2-5/hr, depending
on how many hours we worked that week, so we *were*
paid less than the janitors!  (And whatever they got
paid, they deserved more - hospital waste is _not_ fun
to deal with, and can be deadly besides.)

Even The Best Of Surgeons Is Worth Less If The OR's
Filthy Maru