Well, having been on both sides, the one where I did 70+ hours a week and the
one being a housewife with my own schedule, I can safely say, that the busier
you are, the more you get done.
Somehow you become very good at doing things on the run, increasing efficiency,
matching scedules, fitting things in, time wise, without caring much about
details (which is good since that does save a lot of time). When I still had my
job, I did 70+ hours a week on a regular basis, took care of all of my listmail,
ran the whole household and still managed to get into a lot of social
activities. During a short period I even easily managed to do my regular 38
hours a week in combination with a dayly 4 hour commute. Now that I'm a
housewife I hardly have time to get anything done to my liking and social
activities aren't that high on my priority list since I don't have the time.
Spare time? ... whassat?

One of the things causing all this is of course that I do take my household more
serious (still not serious enough according to some ...), and I have Tom to look
after as well, and then there is that assorted range of DIY tasks still not
finished. But I've noticed that I never seem to get the timing right, so nothing
gets done as fast or as good as I would like it to. That results in frustration
and more things not done to my liking, which results in.... ah well the
intricate life of a house-wife. ;o)

Sonja