At 07:57 15-11-2002 -0800, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

> >That adds up to 67.5 hours at the office
>
> That just cannot be healthy. Ther are people in this country too that
> have a schedule not unlike yours -- but those are the kind of people
> who have an ulcer by the time they turn 40, and have an heart attack
> by the time they turn 45.

Well, given my family history, I'm definitely at risk of a heart attack,
but it's not because of stress.  At least 50% of my graduating class
works hours like this
But how many of them will celebrate their 40th birthday soon?

> >I don't get overtime, Jeroen, so that doesn't help much :-)
>
> Wow, your salary is *that* high? It is pretty much standard over here
> that in certain jobs (typically in higher management) you do not get
> paid overtime, but those people then have monthly salaries that are
> written in *five* digits.

I believe that the Euro-dollar conversion is still around 1:1.  While
While I'm not going to tell you my salary, I can assure you that it isn't
anywhere close to five digits in a month.
Well, first off, I should have mentioned that for many of those people, it is the gross salary that is five-digits; the net salary is usually four digits (unless you are really in the top). Second, your monthly pay (before taxes) is not five digits *yet*, because you have not been in that job all that long. I think it would be reasonable to expect your salary to eventually (in 1-2 decades) as your career advances, become a five-digit salary.

Jeroen "Life in the fast lane" van Baardwijk