--- Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snippage>
> Jon or Reggie (I lost track!) wrote:

> > I thought everyone had seen that!  Heck, Shatner
> even wrote a book
> > entitled "Get a Life!"  I would easily be able to
> convincingly argue
> > that I'm one of the biggest ST fans on the list
> and even I thought that skit was hilarious.  :-)
>
> I never actually saw the skit.  I've heard about it,
> and seen Shatner's book
> (but not read it; the only cast member whose book(s)
> I've read is Nimoy).

I never did see it either, but it sounds like fun.
I've read both Nichelle Nichols' and George Takai's
(?sp?) autobiographies; both were quite interesting -
her father apparently met Al Capone, and George spent
time in a US internment camp (but since he was a
child, he was not terribly upset by it at the time).
I don't recommend Shatner's book (hey! I got it on
sale for $5, so don't call me a fanatic! :} )

> > > 2)  There are lots of things that are "just a TV
> > > show" that are still worth discussing.
> >
> > If I had more time, I'd probably have written
> volumes on the movies and
> > all six series. :-)  I'd certainly have been able
> to. :-)
>
> If you ever have the time, that could be
> entertaining, at least to some of us.  :)

Ditto - I've enjoyed reading the various dissertations
on ST here. :)

<snippage>
> You *can* construct a basement [in Austin]...

I want a basement in my next house. (Although my
friends shudder to think of it - "then you'd _never_
get rid of old journals!" they say.  Point, I
guess...)

> > > 4)  Define "a life".  :)
> > >
> > I'd better not! :)
>
> Most definitions of "a life" tend to exclude parents
> of small children,
> unless the children are handed off to hired folks on
> a regular basis.  We
> hand Sammy off to someone about twice a month for
> the evening, and that's
> it.  I'm not sure that's enough to constitute "a
> life".  :)

Well, but you _do_ attend Cons and Burning Man and so
forth, so at least you have a *partial* life.  ;)

What Do You Mean, Do *I* Have A Life?! Maru  ;}