On
> Behalf Of Jose J. Ortiz-Carlo
> Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 6:15 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: L3 Re: Your Favorite SciFi/Fantasy Movie Soundtrack?
>
> >From: Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >But it took them a little while to get it right.  I don't think the
first
> >season was as good as seasons 2-4, frex.
> >

> True! Season 1 was especially notorious for being a major revolving
door
> of
> staff members. They were dropping like flies.

It also had the weakest stories, presumably from a writing staff who
were still finding their spacelegs.

I had a friend who passed away in '93 who possessed a copy of the
scriptwriters guide for TNG.  My favorite part was the section on
'cliched' storylines that the producers absolutely would _never_ accept.
Included as examples were: deux ex machina plots and computer goes
berserk plots.  By the end of the series a few of those had aired. :)

> >I personally think one of the coolest TNG eps was "Darmok" and I
can't
> >remember just when Roddenberry died with respect to that.
> >
> >     Julia
>
> That was a GREAT episode.  It was filmed before Gene's death.

Darmok was ep # 102 and was the 2nd ep of season 5.  Episodes 101 and
102 were entitled Redemption I and Redemption II.  A picture exists
somewhere (I don't remember where I saw it...) of Gene on the Ent-D
bridge cutting their 100th episode cake with the entire cast of
Redemption I.

Jon
GSV UberGeek