Reggie Bautista wrote:

> Marvin wrote:
> >Ok, I just had to check...
> >
> >http://www.samueljohnson.com/refuge.html
>
> which has the quote as "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."
>
> When I was looking for that quote to post it, I found not 1, not 2, but 3
> pages that stated it as "...of the incompetent."  And now I can't find any.
>
> Guess how that makes me feel :-)
>
> Reggie Bautista
> "The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be
> regarded as a criminal offense." -- E. W. Dijkstra:

Ah, Dijkstra.  I saw him on a panel discussion once.  He insisted that all
computer programs should be proven, or verified, before use, and that he
wouldn't use a program that hadn't been.  Then, when pressed, he admitted
not using a computer.  :)

He died recently.  Can't remember which month now.  There was a big article
about him in the local paper.

        Julia