"Jose J. Ortiz-Carlo" wrote:

> Unfortunately, 16+ years of ST:TNG episodes on re-runs aren't helping that.
> Maybe somebody in Paramount hopes that if they re-run the episodes long
> enough, the characters will achieve the same legendary status. Tough luck.
>
> Anybody has any idea on what the theme for the next Trek film may be? I'm
> not sure about the success of ST:X either.

There may not be another movie (at least not anytime soon). Here's a link to a
Slashdot article discussing an interview with Rick "Run the ST franchise into the
ground" Berman:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/02/04/1742245&mode=thread&tid=97 Slashdot | Rick
Berman Doesn't Know Why Nemesis Tanked

Not sure if that cutnpaste link works, so again:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/02/04/1742245&mode=thread&tid=97
(Slashdot | Rick Berman Doesn't Know Why Nemesis Tanked)

God, this guy is clueless.  They scheduled their (rather weak) movie directly
between the releases of the hugely-expected sequels to the two biggest
movies of last year (both in the 10 biggest of all-time), and he's puzzled why it
wasn't successful.

-Bry