JJ wrote:
Anybody has any idea on what the theme for the next Trek film may be? I'm not sure about the success of ST:X either.

First, to answer your second question, this link: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-02/21/09.00.tv or http://makeashorterlink.com/?U11954693

As far as speculation about the next Trek film, and possibly even the next Trek series, well, that could get a little spoilery, so let me insert some spoiler space here...

POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR ST: NEMESIS, RECENT EPISODES OF ENTERPRISE, AND FOR THE FUTURE OF TREK

That should be enough space. There is a rumor that the eventual goal of Enterprise is to show the birth of the Federation. They've certainly been moving that direction, with a recent episode that has Archer acting as mediator between the Vulcans and the Andorians. There has been talk of creating another series in the next year or three, possibly featuring Riker and Troi on Riker's new ship, the... um... ahem, I forgot what it's called. But anyway, whether with Riker and Troi or not, the rumor says that the next series will have a big buildup to a massive war, and show the destruction of the Federation, with a new series after that showing the birth of whatever comes next, which theoretically would involve the mysterious and (IIRC) not-named human government that's involved in the Temporal Cold War on Enterprise. The movies would become involved in that storyline, also.

Of course, that's only an internet rumor, and you probably know what those are worth :-)

Reggie Bautista