On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Jose J. Ortiz-Carlo wrote:

> >From: "Marvin Long, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >Ahhh...I had the 1701 ERTL model for a long time - I still have a die-cast
> >TOS Enterprise that shoots little yellow round photon torpedos and has a
> >detachable shuttle.  I bought it from Sears in the seventies with a
> >$20 bill I found lying on the ground in the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens.
>
> Any idea how much it is worth now? ;-)

Not really.  Lemme go play with Google...

[swirly swirly swirly swirly swirly]

...ok, in mint condition it looks like this toy by Dinky might go for
US$80-100 or so.  Based on the small sample of sites I viewed, mint
condition is pretty hard to find.  Mine is hardly in mint condition, but
it does have something going for it -- I still have three of the plastic
photon torpedoes, which most others don't seem to have any, and nothing is
broken, although the decals are worn and the white plastic has faded in
places.

Whoops - no sooner do I write that than I find this - Oh, this is sweet.
Very tempting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3116806456&category=1187

> I remember reading that Rodenberry specifically dictated against creating an
> atmosphere that would possibly breed another "Kirk/Spock/McCoy" three-headed
> monster. Deep down, Rodenberry resented the power Shatner and Nimoy had over
> the episodes, etc.  It's in their contract!! Paramount cannot do anything to
> the characters of Kirk and Spock without the approval of the actors who
> portray them.  Not even printing a picture to which they object.

Ha!  I can see that.

Marvin Long
Austin, Texas
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Poindexter & Ashcroft, LLP (Formerly the USA)

http://www.breakyourchains.org/john_poindexter.htm