--- Jan Coffey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Deborah Harrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- Jan Coffey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <snipped all but phrases of interest>
>
> > Since no-one else has asked...what do these
> > phrases/words mean?  (Maru of course I know)
>
> Lenape, spelling I am unsure of, but then there are
> so many ways to properly
> spell in Lenape, I am sure I hit one of them with
> each word.
>
> > > Uh...phwit lamunkpelechis!
>
> Oh...phooey underpants!

<ROTFLOL>
I got a garbled visual of the cartoon character 'Hong
Kong Phooey' in dirty diapers...

> > > kpentai maru
>
> -Do you understand me- maru
>
> like "savvy?"
> an afermative sersponse would be "kpentul"

Kpentul And Wakarimas* Maru

*?sp; my roommate and I, while the miniseries "Shogun"
was running back in the early '80s, used various
Japanese phrases that we'd learned from the show;
'wakarimas' is my phonetic spelling of the word which,
IIRC, means "I understand" (and 'wakarimaska?' meant
'do you understand?')  :)