On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 01:39:33PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> You're ignoring the Balfour Declaration and the fact that there was
> a nascent Israel in Palestine - 1948 didn't just happen out of thin
> air. You're also ignoring the fact that the UN declared a partition in
> 1947, but the Arabs said no.

What right did the UN have to tell Arabs how they would be governed, or
to take away their homes?

The only thing close to fair I can come up with is if the residents of
the area voted whether to form a state of Israel, and if the vote passed
(maybe it would be necessary to require a super-majority to pass), then
the new government should offer to pay a fair price for the homes and
land of anyone who didn't want to be part of Israel.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/