--- Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>
> Debbi, if you're following this thread, McCaffrey
> has written some
> non-SF stuff, some of it about women who ride
> horses.  Try _Ring of
> Fear_ or _The Lady_, unless you absolutely can't
> stand romances.  :)

I may have read _The Lady_...pony called Blister?

But *romance novels*?!!  With heaving bosoms and manly
pillars, straining bodices and "breeches moulded to
his calves"?  Not me!  ;)

Agree with your comment on the Killeshandra series -
not something I'd waste time reading another book of.
But I really like the epic
Dragonflight/Dragonquest/The White Dragon trilogy, and
the Harper Hall triplet is good fun.

Joan D. Vinge's 'Psiteen' (?sp?) series looked at a
future world in a gritty, cool way (think this was
aimed at a younger readership, though).

Debbi
Not Enough Time For To Read! Maru