Exciting times, indeed. I haven’t looked through the results myself, but it
does look like an extraordinary advance. I wonder though how this advance
correlates with ‘understanding’ how proteins folds. Can these outstanding
results be distilled in a set of improved principles for how proteins fold? Ot
put it another way, should we invite the AlphaFold programmers to deliver the
conclusive lecture on the theory of protein folding? Or maybe we should invite
the algorithm to present its results…

Best wishes,
Luca

Luca Pellegrini, PhD