I have a bullmastiff, it's an awesome breed. They originated from the
english bulldog and the english mastiff. The breed standard reads something
like "alert, protective dog known for it's lack of excitability."  

He's 2 years old now, 140 lbs, he sleeps a good amount of the day away. So
when I can't take him to work, I don't feel like he's freaking out at home.
He loves people and his favorite thing to do is play with other dogs. 

He scares the crap out people because of his size, which is a good thing
most of the time. But he's least aggressive dog I've ever known, I don't
think he's ever barked towards a person. I could probably go on for hours
about him...but I'll save you the mush-mush.

Here's some pics:
http://65.106.231.71/_temp/tuch/

His name is Tuch, pronounced like Duke with a "T".  Somewhere I found Tuch
means a dark brown marble, but I think I ignored the proper pronunciation.
The other dog in the last two pics is an english mastiff puppy. They get
even bigger than the bullmastiff (upwards of 200 lbs.)  But it's also a
great breed. My brother has had 3 of them, and my mom also had one.

The only thing I have heard about the Neapolitan is that they can get really
depressed.  As usual, if you are going to get a specialty breed, make sure
you thoroughly check out the breeders and the prospective puppy's parents.
I've seen a ton of my friends get stuck with overly aggressive dogs or major
medical problems because they made impulse decisions because of the cuteness
factor. Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck->

Tyler

Oh, there's also the drool factor of the bigger mastiffs. All you gotta do
is buy a few stacks of bar towels from Sam's and place 'em strategically
around your house.  My mastiff really only drools after he eats, or you hold
a treat in front of his face for too long, then it looks like he sprung a
leak.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tangorre, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 8:51 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Dog

My fiance and I are looking into getting a dog once we move to a larger
place. We were set on an American Bulldog until last night we were wathcing
the dog show on Animal Planet and saw the Neopolitan Mastiff...
what a nice looking dog!
 
http://www.puppyfind.com/?act=search&view_full=1&view_pic=1&subject=Neap
olitan+Mastiff&puppy_id=327147862415b00fa60acd&img_id=1491442362415b0123
298e5&page_num=20&page=3
 
Anyone own a mastiff?
 
Mike


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Get the mailserver that powers this list at 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=17

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:132294
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to