Dear Larry,

Spot on. Lady Mary Soames kindly showed me how she and others prepared WSC's
whisky-soda.  It is a matter of speculation how so little whisky might have
been partially medicinal in dilating his coronary arteries.  Then the the whole
issue of whether WSC was actually an alcoholic rages on.  The film did
highlight that many of his colleagues did think of him as a "sot".  The third
volume of Manchester's biography has his alcoholism and depression back to
front. We only know of one episode when WSC was the worse for drink. Lord
Alanbrooke had it all wrong in is observation.  This was not when WSC was
mightily tiddly.

John H. Mather MD.

In a message dated 3/6/2018 3:58:47 PM Central Standard Time,