On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 8:50:06 AM UTC-5, Terry Reardon wrote:

> Not quite pertinent to the current discussion, but: during the 2005
> Conference in Quebec City, Lady Soames was asked to comment on her Father’s
> alcohol consumption – “He drank too much. Next question.”

I remember that, and questioned her about it later. She said she was
impatient with questions about his drinking and that was her way of ending
them. I don't think she believed it. After all, it was she who often
demonstrated how to make the "Papa Cocktail."

Re the story of the two Mormons: Afterward, his P.S. Anthony Montague
Browne congratulated him on the speed and skill of his riposte. Like many
of his cracks, he'd heard it before and had stored it in his memory for use
when appropriate. "None of it was original," he told AMB. "They just fed me
a music-hall chance."