      From: Richard Langworth <rich...@langworth.name>
 To: ChurchillChat <churchillchat@googlegroups.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 5:13 AM
 Subject: [ChurchillChat] Re: Whisky and Soda

Gents, I would only point out that to portray accurately the "Papa Cocktail"
would have been to make it look like he was drinking water--which he would
regard as even more preposterous. The filmmakers have to be given a little
leeway.
The things he said about drinking water were even more censorious than what he
said about drinking neat whisky. You've heard the story of the visit by two
Mormons, to whom he offered sherry. "May I have water, Sir Winston? Lions drink
it." WSC: "Asses drink it too."