glass of poured whisky is displayed there in Sir Winston’s Art Studio. It is a
very specific, pale colour exactly as he took it because on one of her fairly
regular visits to Chartwell before she passed away, Lady Mary Soames apparently
complained that what was on display was too dark/strong. She offered to prepare
a tipple to his usual specification, and it is this sample that has been
maintained today with the aid of a thin layer of oil to prevent evaporation!

I hope this is of interest to members.

David Riddle
Mobile: 07966 472340
Sent from my iPhone