HWIC-4ESW is only layer 2 device, you can use SVI to make it likes layer 3 
ports, but can never connect to WAN

2008-11-20 




Best regards!         
YiFeng Zhou
Mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSN:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile:+86 (0)15905171724

 



发件人: Brett Looney 
发送时间: 2008-11-20  08:56:00 
收件人: [email protected] 
抄送: 
主题: Re: [c-nsp] HWIC-4ESW 
 
> I've got a 2801 whose built-in ports are damaged.

Maintenance contract? Probably cheaper than the HWIC-4ESW.

> I was wondering if I could add an HWIC-4ESW module
> and use this to connect to both the provider and
> LAN.

Yes.

> And will I be able to do NAT with this setup?

Yes.

> Will I also be able to do PPPOE on the vlan interface?

I'm 90% sure you can do this but you will not be able to set the MAC address
on the VLAN interface. And any QoS policies you have will also probably not
work.

B.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to