When Sourcefire acquired ClamAV "back in the day", we stopped accepting
donations, as accounting for them on a corporate revenue side is more of a
hassle than it is worth, so we just support it out of pocket.

That being said, this thread is long and I wanted to reply to is.

What if I flushed the daily.cvd cache every time we publish?  Hm...
Pointing everyone at cloudflare is an interesting idea, may be expensive for me
though (since I pay for cloudflare from my budget).

Interesting discussions points here...