This raises another point which is and has been the DNS version does not and has not meant there was an update to the daily CVD file - just that the cdiffs exist to update the users' local copy of the CLD to the current version using a reliable and efficient signed process. This only ever mattered to people with private local mirrors but there have always been private local work-arounds to what is largely not a problem so much as an inconvenience. Security and convenience have an inverse relationship.

dp