> > Remind me again: why do you want to put much of the docstring in
> > there, and not just a quick precis that's enough to jog someone's
> > memory and/or let them know whether they ought to click through or
> > should skip that one based on what they're trying to find?
>
> I like that what I see in the tip is the original doc string I would get if I
> typed (doc some-symbol) in a REPL session.  If those doc strings change in
> later versions of Clojure, I can rerun my cheatsheet generator program and
> pick up all those changes in seconds.
>
> If you want to write a quick precis for what are now 633 symbols with links
> on the cheatsheet, you are welcome to do it.  I don't want to.  The source
> code for the cheatsheet generator is under the Eclipse Public License and
> available to you:
>
> [1]https://github.com/jafingerhut/clojure-cheatsheets
>
> Andy

Um... I don't want this to devolve into an argument, but can I voice
my support for going with the full docstring tooltip?
Having tried it, it seems really useful to me, and I don't see the
reason to reduce the text to something shorter. I don't think the size
of the docstrings is inappropriate for a tooltip.
Also, I've messed around with jQuery tooltip plugins in the past, and
it shouldn't be hard to fix the 'flickering' issue, if not with tiptip
then by using a different plugin. If you like I can take a crack at
this.

-Dave