When constrained by a technology choice you may have to give up requiring other
developers to be physically proximate.

I know managers want the comfort of observing warm bodies in cubes banging on
keyboards but it doesn't necessarily translate into higher productivity, I get
my best work done when everyone else goes home.

I've worked for <self-edit, a while> in cubes emailing co-workers in their
cubes and I see no reason why we even have to be in the same building...
confounding actually, "stand-ups" not withstanding :-0

Alan