HI from unfrozen Nova Scotia. YEAH !

Although a different boat, the tray height issue may be similar to mine.

LF38 by the way.

My traveller sits in section of 4” channel with very deep flange height, which
would have precluded the planned Harken traveller working.

I bought a piece of piece of 3/8” thick UHMW from local plastic vendor, cut to
size.

This along with longer bolts brought the traveller up high enough.

I have no camcleats on the traveller or end controls, but lead the lines to
camcleats on the aft edge of the cabin top.

And with long enough lines, can adjust the traveller from the helm.

I saw an article somewhere of a chap who had one continuous line for both
controls. After a year of using the new traveler, I intend splicing the lines
into one piece. Then I can hook it over the Stainless Edson frame, within easy
reach.

I have made a lot of improvements to the boat since I bought it. E.g. lazy
jacks, 4 reef blocks on the boom on a track, 4 reef clew lines led aft, boom
vang, etc.

Have to say that the single best improvement was changing out the traveller.
The Harken unit can be dropped down and  pulled up from the helm under load in
30knots, and along with the topping lift, gives amazing control of twist in the
main.

Almost feel like I’m racing……J

John