From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Matthew L. Wolford
via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2018 5:06:59 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Matthew L. Wolford
Subject: Re: Stus-List Traveler fit?

FWIW, the traveler on my previous boat (34) and on my current boat (42) are
both mounted in an aluminum traveler bridge near the companionway.  I replaced
the traveler on the 34 with a Harken, which worked fine (the windward sheeting
car is overrated in my view).  I also replaced the baby stay car and track on
the 34, and wanted something more robust.  I decided to go with a  Schaefer big
boat main traveler (this was at least 15 years ago), but the hole pattern was
all wrong.  Given the lack of uniformity between holes on the old track, I
concluded that C&C must have drilled the baby stay track in place.  I contacted
Schaefer about this issue, and they sold me an anodized piece of track cut to
the length I requested, but without pre-drilled holes so I could match the
holes of the old track.  Similar to the kind of service that Guido provides at
Garhauer.  The Schaefer traveler worked very well as a baby stay.

I was so impressed by the robust car and smooth operation of the Schaefer
traveler that I replaced the main traveler on my 42 with Schaefer.  A Schaefer
traveler may not be quite as smooth as Harken, but I have no difficulty at all
using it and the car is strong.  I’m very happy with my choice.  I also like
that I can call Schaefer and talk to someone if I have any issues.