Don’t know what type of a toe-rail that a 26’ has but FWIW, I am currently
re-bedding all of my deck hardware with the exception of the toe-rail. I am
using butyl tape for all applications except where silicone based sealant is
called for, i.e., the Beckson opening ports in the main cabin. My opinion about
the use of butyl by C&C is that it was a smart move. When I was pulling all the
deck hardware, wherever butyl was used the core was dry and clean. No leaks.
Wherever I had added new hardware and used a 3M or Sikaflex product, there was
ultimately leakage. Now, much of that may have been due to my less than perfect
application techniques.

On the 37’ the aluminum toe-rail is bedded with butyl.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin