I should also add that the two screws I did remove were very well stuck
with butyl tape around the threads, which was soft and gooey, so I am
confident that the tape will do its job once tightened again. I haven't
confirmed it was leaking, but some bolts showed signs of rust, and those
were often the ones which were seized.
Also, it appears the white rub rail flange is held onto the hull flange
with small rivets every few feet. There was no sign of leaks at these
rivets. It is hard to tell if there is butyl tape on both sides of the
white rub rail flange; it may only be on the top.
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com