You should separate the boat from the keel. When I had mine done, there was
a huge void around the forward keel bolt. The yard hosed out the hole from
underneath, and it smelled really bad. Then they ground the stub and the
top of the keel, epoxied the keel back onto the stub and filled the void
with about a gallon of epoxy. I don't know what order they did that. Then
they epoxied fiberglass tape along the smile, and sanded everything smooth.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR