Andrew,

As you are aware, Ken Heaton has provided all the specifics on this I need to know.

And as a side note, I could understand spending time cruising the Bras d'ors..., you would find cursing the coast of Newfoundland much of the time.

Robert Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S

On 2022-01-15 6:24 p.m., Andrew Burton via CnC-List wrote:
I see the law is 12 months, then pay duty. I spoke to Henry about this and got his take on the situation, but also spoke to people in the Halifax area who made essentially the same points. And even still, the law precludes what I want to do; that is, head to NS early summer and cruise to the area for the summer, then lay up over the winter and cruise farther the following summer, a total of 15 months or so. A broker in Halifax told me that I could probably get away with it, but “probably” not losing my boat to the Mounties isn’t good enough.
Andy

Andrew Burton
26 Beacon Hill
Newport, RI