points missed again, sorry! :-)

1: javax.xml.transform.Transformer has a setURIResolver(), so this is not
adding stuff to xalan, this is using the javax.xml api.

2: it would NOT tie things down to xalan as ... again this is using the
javax.xml api.

3: as i wrote in my email response to luke's orriginal request; the cocoon
does not accept annything else than char/byte streams as source-handlers,
javax.xml does. http is only a byte/char-stream and sometimes that might not
be enough.

mvh karl řie