yigitcan-ozturk commented on issue #11007: URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/11007#issuecomment-5569829507
Hi, I would like to claim the Both / connector-typesense validation migration. I audited the current dev implementation, tracker thread, and open PR set and did not find an active connector-typesense validation migration claim or PR. Current factory rules require: source: hosts and api_key; sink: hosts, collection, api_key, schema_save_mode, and data_save_mode. The main gap is that the required string/list connection options are validated only for presence. In particular, api_key and collection can be blank strings, and hosts can be provided as an empty list, while these values are later consumed by the Typesense client/catalog path. I propose one focused connector-typesense-only PR that: preserves the existing required/optional structure; adds declarative nonblank validation for required string options such as api_key and collection; adds non-empty validation for required hosts; replaces the current placeholder factory test with focused ConfigValidator coverage for valid, missing, empty, and whitespace-only configurations; preserves option names, defaults, schema/data-save-mode behavior, and all existing nonblank configurations; leaves client construction, network behavior, remote Typesense validation, and schema/data-dependent checks unchanged. I will keep the change limited to factory-verifiable configuration constraints and will not add new runtime or network validation. Please confirm that this connector-typesense scope is available. Thank you! -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected]
