----- Original Message -----
From: "Dirk-Willem van Gulik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <community@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 9:43 AM
Subject: RE: Ant PMC Issue (was: RE: [proposal] daedalus jar repository)

> Is there any synergy - or is the most we can hope for a 'sourceforge'
> which a little more license sanity and peer controlled commit ?
>
> I think synergy is worth aiming for; reinventing the wheel (and mainting
> it) in several places is propably not worth it in the long run.

+1 to this.   Between Maven and Ant, the ASF contains the tools used by a
lot
of developers to build their code.  The ASF is also the source of a large
amount of the
classpath problems (both build time and run time) experienced by developers.
I started
working on a system for solving the run-time part of this problem -- my
reasoning is
"we made the mess, we should help fix it".   All I'm getting out of these
discussions is
that we're capable of having long winded foodfights about turf.  This is an
important problem
that needs to get solved.   The ASF has leverage to help get a solution
adopted.  It seems a
waste not to use that leverage.

Ted