James,

> Do we really need to have one big community? We've fostered a tight knit
> community of maven developers, even if they are not so tight with other
> parts of Apache.

No, I don't believe that we need to be all one community.  There is
relatively little in common between, for example, Tomcat and James.
[Although I do want to see if Remy will spare some time to help us integrate
org.apache.naming into James as well].

On the other hand, I do see considerable semantic overlap between Ant and
Maven.  And it isn't as if they would have one mailing list for the two of
them.

However, my comment: "If anything, my concern is greater now because of the
attitude than it was yesterday because of the code" wasn't about the two
communities.  It was about the series of vitriolic attacks that sprang from
my asking the question, some of which amounted to nothing more than
gratuitous cheap shots unrelated to either Ant or Maven.

        --- Noel