Liam Proven wrote:

Got my first Miggy about 6-7yr ago. Lovely machine, weird GUI,
incomprehensible CLI. Must get OS 3.9 one of these days. I also want
to try to run a Mac emulator on it sometime.

Nothing wrong with the shell, the GUI is completely customizable. Fusion is the only mac emulator worth using, not the poxy pc port the one its ported from. 030/50 will emulate a 040 including VM, ethernet, appletalk. There is a Basilisk port around since 2000 to try.

But let's not forget the lack of memory protection, the lack of VM,
the fact that the OS was a complete PITA without a hard disk or at
least twin floppies and saintly patience...

No VM cause its not needed, memory protection was better than the mac it is a multitasking machine after all it also has better memory management but thats not hard. Can you piggy back 4 floppy drives on a mac? Considering the cost of a hard drive it was an interesting marketing decision.
The floppy drives also load quicker than those on a mac, sadly they dont make the wonderous noises the mac floppy does.

http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/cwi/hl/ is a web browser for the C64/C128. Mosaic or early version of Aweb surfs on a A500/68000 while Voyager, Ibrowse or Aweb do a good job on 020 machines and up Java finally included.
Now you have a 030, why cant you find NS2 or a version of IE or icab or some such, Ive backed up Gambas site a long time before he dissappeared. For appletalk on BetaX try sheepsaver or BII as opposed to booting from classic mode. I can use google with Macweb on a Classic the result page will end the surfing session though

But yes. For its time, awesome. So much has been forgotten today with
these /wretched/ PC things.

Ignored not forgotten, WinUEA, there is a mac port around, just one of a multitude of emulators to play with. If using a Ghz box you can almost get realistic performance from the emulator, almost. Now if you will excuse me I'm off to play lego - star wars on my wretched pc. :)