I am looking at this page:

http://cryp.to/publications/masquerading-idle-connections/

and wondering if it's relevant.   It seems to describe the problem
pretty well,  talks about a 15 minute timeout which would do it and the
timeout is built into the linux kernel but can be changed.

I'm really very weak on networking so I'm not sure what I'm actually
reading or whether this fix needs to be applied on the server end or the
client end.   Any ideas is this is relevant?

- Don