I have repeatedly seen people assert that komi must be different for
players of different skill levels, and have repeatedly questioned it, but I
have never seen anyone try to substantiate the claim. People who believe it
find it obvious, but I don't. There are two pieces of evidence that I can
think of:

1) that I believe someone played near-random engines against each other,
and the correct komi was different (I cannot find where that was done). But
that's so far from even DDK play that it's pretty useless.
2) I believe the old OGS (DGS?) forums included an analysis of their games
and what the correct komi was. I cannot confidently quote the results. If
those are the old OGS forums, I don't know if they even exist anymore.

The data from go servers are freely available. Does white have a greater
advantage for weaker players? It doesn't seem so--anecdotally when players
posted their KGS stats, they varied a bit, but didn't seem to have a bias
for White.

Of course, that's anecdata...anyone is welcome to prove or disprove this
old claim by analyzing the stats on KGS, or Tygem or wherever else.