Hi Patrik,

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 1:13 AM, Patrik Flykt <patrik.fl...@linux.intel.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 13:30 -0700, Naveen Singh wrote:
> > 5. Now it is in failure state and will never be able to connect.
>
> It will be autoconnected once its state is no longer failure. The
> failure state is cleared once the service is removed. The service is
> removed once wpa_supplicant times out the wifi network. The next time
> the wifi network is discovered via autoconnect wifi scan, it is created
> with state 'idle' and is therefore a candidate for autoconnection.

This may not happen at all. My understanding is that wpa_supplicant would
time out only if the AP is not seen in subsequent scans. But the AP is
always found in scan as there is nothing wrong at 802.11 level. The user
found that WAN cable was not connected so he went ahead and fixed it. And
now the connection to DHCP server is established but connection will still
not happen. Is user supposed to power off the AP so that it disappears from
scan list.

Can app SW remove the service? And then the next scan will create the
service and autoconnect may happen