On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 6:31 AM, Patrik Flykt <patrik.fl...@linux.intel.com>
wrote:

>         Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2015-10-09 at 10:52 -0700, Naveen Singh wrote:
> > This may not happen at all. My understanding is that wpa_supplicant would
> > time out only if the AP is not seen in subsequent scans. But the AP is
> > always found in scan as there is nothing wrong at 802.11 level. The user
> > found that WAN cable was not connected so he went ahead and fixed it. And
> > now the connection to DHCP server is established but connection will
> still
> > not happen. Is user supposed to power off the AP so that it disappears
> from
> > scan list.
>
> wpa_s will time out wifi networks in 2 minutes if no scans have been
> done to refresh them. For ConnMan it will take ~6 min 20 sec to get
> fresh results with a new scan after the 2 minute expiry time.
>
> If the user is connected to the system, nothing prevents the user from
> connecting manually and immediately after said WAN cable is reattached.

This certainly is an issue because of following reasons:
1. User could be initiating scan for it to get connected back to network so
there will never be a 2 minute expiry.
2. WAN detachment was just an example, it could very well be an
intermittent problem which does not require any intervention from user and
problem auto-corrects itself.
3. Expecting user to connect manually is not an option all the time. User
rely on their devices to get connected on their own so that they can
control these devices from anywhere.
4. I tested multiple devices in the same environment and each and every
device auto-connected on its own once the problem vansihes. This seems to
me as a use case that we have not considered and it surely requires some
fix in the connman.