Buchan Milne wrote:
On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Ben Reser wrote:

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 08:17:50PM +0000, Adam Williamson wrote:

Windows uses the slightly ugly hack of the little plus signs on tree
views. To open a tree view level, you either double click the entry, or
single-click the tiny plus sign on it.
As does KDE in double click mode.

The exact problem with double-click in KDE is as follows:
Start KDE Control Center, expanding a tree works find, but the click on
one of the leaves. It should activate (this is what windows would do), but
does not. There is no functionn to it not activating, where a branch does
(since it can either be selected or expanded). Then again, a branch node
does not get selected when single-clicked either (as it should).

Buchan

You understood me completely. If this bug can be fixed, then I don't mind double-click being enabled.

The KDE maintainer should realize, though, that (at least to me), the treeview problem is more of an issue than double-click on the desktop. But as you said, this appears to be an actual KDE bug (at least in terms of usability), so if this gets fixed for 3.1 it won't be as much of an issue.

And, the hand pointer (and busy cursor, too) should probably be disabled, too, if you are following Windows standards. Obviously, the hand cursor only makes sense in single-click mode. Does the icon in the taskbar (and busy cursor) seem to spin way too much to anyone else? It's supposed to spin as the app is starting, but it always continues to spin for several minutes after the app has started (this also may be a KDE bug, I don't know).

At least the hourglass model is less intrusive and doesn't affect the spinning in the taskbar (in the Windows model).

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>