On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 17:34, John Goerzen wrote:
> Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >> In one months or two you're doing: "apt-get update; apt-get -uy
> >> upgrade".I can see :P
> >
> > We have 'urpmi.update -a; urpmi --auto-select --auto' (I have this in
> > cron), and it gives me more than Debain does, unless Debian has XFS+ACL
>
> This is an honest question, not a troll: can you explain to me in what
> exact ways the urpmi command is superior to the apt-get commands?

Don't think anyone said it was superior...they do the same basic job, I
think in many ways there's more importance in the packaging and
distribution philosophy, which maybe means Debian concentrate more on
being able to update through apt than Mandrake does through urpmi. Let's
face it - it's not actually a very difficult concept, the methodology is
simple, it's the application of it that's important.
--
adamw