On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 18:53, Buchan Milne wrote:
> John Goerzen wrote:

> >>We have 'urpmi.update -a; urpmi --auto-select --auto' (I have this in
> >>cron), and it gives me more than Debain does, unless Debian has XFS+ACL
> >

> > This is an honest question, not a troll: can you explain to me in what
> > exact ways the urpmi command is superior to the apt-get commands?
> >

> Nothing really, besides the fact that perl-URPM or urpmi are used by
> many of the Mandrake tools to provide transparent software installation
> to the user when configuring services that need software installed,
> usuallly prompting the user with a question as to whether they want the
> software installed.
>
> urpmi is probably not as good as apt, but the sum of the parts
> (perl-URPM, rpmdrake, printerdrake, XFdrake, drakwizard etc) add up to
> alot of really useful tools.
What's the discussion here? It isn't useful for us!

I can expose some Debian tools that do the same as: libapt-pkg-perl,
aptitude, gnome-apt, debconf(perl), cdebconf(The C *port* of debconf
code being used in d-i, the new installer).

And now, we can stop with this discussion about "apt x urpmi" !

Please,
--
Gustavo Franco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>