John Goerzen wrote:
> Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>>>In one months or two you're doing: "apt-get update; apt-get -uy
>>>upgrade".I can see :P
>>
>>We have 'urpmi.update -a; urpmi --auto-select --auto' (I have this in
>>cron), and it gives me more than Debain does, unless Debian has XFS+ACL
>

> This is an honest question, not a troll: can you explain to me in what
> exact ways the urpmi command is superior to the apt-get commands?

Nothing really, besides the fact that perl-URPM or urpmi are used by
many of the Mandrake tools to provide transparent software installation
to the user when configuring services that need software installed,
usuallly prompting the user with a question as to whether they want the
software installed.

urpmi is probably not as good as apt, but the sum of the parts
(perl-URPM, rpmdrake, printerdrake, XFdrake, drakwizard etc) add up to
alot of really useful tools.

Buchan