Is there any danger of that activated charcoal getting into your stored
produce?

Let two! grins! grow! where one! grouch! was before!

-----Original Message-----
From: cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org
[mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On Behalf Of Mary Ann
Marchand
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 2:12 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] Trying Again! A Lettuce Question

I usually take the core out of the lettuce. I use the green bags since they
have some charcoal a light coat in the bag and that is why vegetables will
keep.  Now some people put a paper towel in the bag. I tie the bag closed.
After several uses I find the bag no longer is good to store vegetables in
so I buy new ones.
I find the green containers do not work for storing vegetables at least the
bag are better. There are very fine net bags which I find are not as good as

the green ones.