You all make "listening" sound so easy!  I try, I really do.  I ask
questions and really work to understand where people are at... but I'm
a very excitable guy and before I know it I'm up on my soap box
talking everyone's ear off.  I was doing it this weekend in a
parade... yes IN a parade.  I was in a parade talking about Coworking
and the state of the world.  It works though.  I made a contact with
an organic coffee farmer from Costa Rica who is going to come in this
week and may become our supplier.  I also got a number of people
excited about what we are doing and I imagine I'll be seeing some of
those faces in here soon.  Susan was in the parade too and overheard
some of this and just laughed at me.  Sorry, can't turn it off.  :)

Jacob

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 6:55 AM, felicity at cubes
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> So just to add my 2 cents, I agree that listening is important and one
> key component to that is being a solution.  When people see co-working
> as a solution, they get it and will become regular users of your
> space.  This
> means going out to places where your target users are and then letting
> them know what you do.  They either get it or they don't.
>
> We don't advertise.  We blog; I speak at places; we go to groups and
> talk to people about what they are doing and then tell them what we
> are doing.  Our members talk about us a lot.  We do events like
> open houses and member socials to promote people coming in.
>
> It's all about being a solution.  When people see your space as a
> solution to a problem, you don't have to sell it.  The key is hitting
> the
> right people needing your solution i.e. coworkers and again that all
> comes back to having a conversation and listening.
>
> All the best,
> Felicity
>
>  www.cubesandcrayons.com
> Personal blog: cubes.typepad.com/cake
> Business blog: cubes.typepad.com/blog
>
> On Jun 20, 10:37 am, BrianR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've read some discussion here and there on the list about promotion.
>> But would like to kick off a thread that puts the communities thoughts
>> in one place.
>>
>> How do you promote your coworking space? How do you get the word out
>> that you exist? Which methods result in people using your space?
>>
>> I'm interested in hearing from the folks who run community not for
>> profit spaces and for profit spaces.
>>
>> Cheers!
>> -BrianR
>>
>> carrborocoworking.com
> >
>



-- 
Jacob Sayles
Co-Founder & Janitor
http://officenomads.com

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to